If you have neigbors, or friends, who are 'old and alone', don't forget to check on them. A quick 'hey, how ya doin'' phone call means a lot, and can also divert disaster. Quick personal story: My one friend of 60+ years, lives alone and has medical issues galore. Her family is busy, and they don't really check on her very often. I told her that I'd be calling or sending a text every day/every other day, just to check in and yak a while. A few days ago, I called numerous times, and texted...always get a text back. I didn't hear from her by morning of day 3, I called her daughter to go check on her. Her phone was dead, her back surgery didn't heal (bone pressing on cord & nerves)...she could not get out of bed for 3 days. Nothing to eat or drink, or get her insulin she needs! She actually had to be rescued. I only tell the story to remind people, that older folk, esp. living by themselves, need to be checked on here and there. Her Dr said one more day and she would have died.

Only people mentioned by @CountryJoy in this post can reply

We are ONE. Family is everything. Mom of 3 amazing girls, wife of 1 handsome and loving husband

In response Joyce Zikursh to her Publication

Joyce! You saved her life! Oh my gosh, I will check on my family members more, and people I know that are living alone. We get so busy, we forget, but this is a very good reminder!

Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Aunt. Love my Country.

I have 2 ladies I check with daily. I imagine I am sometimes the only one the 80 year old talks to that day. Glad I can help.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have this when I turn 80. I honor little old ladies because I aspire to be one!

In response Cookie Lover to her Publication

That's wonderful, what a kind thing for you to do! I'm sure they look forward to each and every one your calls, and their day is made so much brighter just from interaction from someone who cares ❤️

(1) Show this thread

That AND if you can afford it, get them a life alert. We got one for my husband's stubborn, who wants to live alone thousands of miles away from us, who we offered to her to live with us in Hawaii, grandmother-96 years old bless her heart.

There is other family that do live near her and friends and neighbors that check on her as well.

She has used it TWICE in the last 7 years. She fell. She loves having it! The response came in minutes to get her back on her feet. Excellent service!

It's $35 a month.

In response Alcyone 777 to her Publication

Life Alert...duh..didn't even cross my mind, but that's a great idea! Thanks, I will make the suggestion to her kids. I expect after her surgical spine (re-)repair, she probably won't get back to her own digs for a month or two. She's at her daughters right now, and I'm thankful for that as she still can't do anything on her own. Glad neighbors and friends are checking up on your hub's 96 yr old gram, glad she's got caring people around!

(1) Show this thread

MAGA - Harm NONE - Treat others the way you want to be treated - SAVE THE CHILDREN - We are ALL ONE - WWG1WGA/NCSWIC/TBIYTC

Good reminder - thanQ. Hopefully your neighbor will be ok!!! 🙏 ❤️

I Love Truth. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the Truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Jn 14:6

"love thy neighbor as thyself and so fulfill the law of Christ."

#WWG1WGA #TRUMP4EVA #SAVEOURCHILDREN#GODWINS

God bless you dear❤🙏

God bless you. 🙏 ❤️

Q, patriot, holistic healer for humans and dogs. Certified in dogs. I'll speak my mind no matter what. Be nice or get lost.

yep.. I live alone and no one checks on me. One day I fell off a ladder. I had to sit there until I figured out if i was ok after i got my senses back on what just happened. Did not have my phone nearby. I think of that day often.....and still have pain from it. that was 4 yrs ago.

Telegram is where I post. https://t.me/NCSWICnibiru

In response Phantom Virus2020 to her Publication

🙏❤️

In response Phantom Virus2020 to her Publication

Oh my! Glad you didn't hurt yourself even worse, but pain 4 years later from it is no fun to deal with!! I'm mid 70's, balance gone since massive year of chemo 20 yrs ago. I am SO fortunate my kids check in daily. Life is a precious. adventure Hugs Phantom ❤️

(2) Show this thread

Trump is still my President. Truth will prevail.

Thank you for being her guardian, we also have older neighbors we watch.

Bless you for posting this! So very important. After Mom passed away in a medical facility and they would not let me in to see her after a stroke left her unsble to speak during the beginning of covid, I make sure other elderly do not feel alone! Grocery pickup, taking to doc appointments, visiting when they have no one, doing wellness checks, etc. They are so appreciative and their smiles light up the room with Thanks! 🙏🏻❤️ They have much yet to give!

In response Vicki Lord to her Publication

Sad to hear your experience with your Mom's last days. That whole deal back then was so hard on our loved ones who passed all alone, and grossly unfair to those who loved them and worried! Bless your heart for keeping an eye out on your elderly friends, that's the true spirit of a loving heart! and "love thy neighbor"!

(1) Show this thread

Proud MAGA American. Wife, Mom, Grandmother & Cancer survivor. #Familyiseverything

You were Gods instrument and still are!! Wow!! Bless you 🙏♥️

FAMILY is all in your heart. GOD IS ALMIGHTY IN ALL. MY "TIME" HAS COME NOW. A Texan by state. Member since 2021

THIS is SO important💞💜💞...especially now more than ever...compassion...They do not want to go to nursing homes or doctors.

This world needs more like you,🙂💜🌻🌻🌻

YES AND GOD MADE SURE YOU INTERCEDED THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRAVERY FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR AND BEING A TESTIMONY TO ALWAYS STAY CONNECTED TO OTHERS GOOD JOB JOYCE PRAISE GOD FOR THIS ................

You dear, sweet person that you did this out of the goodness of your hear. God bless you.

YES!!! Praise God, she's ok ;)

Thanks for posting this! A greatly needed reminder for all.