Today I was working in my yard picking up yard waste from some small storms the last few days.

I found a nesting duck under a firebush, by accident, in my front yard.

It was ever so quiet, but it saw me and did not move. I checked it later and it was still there, so I brought a small handful of parrot food and put it nearby.

I am so happy to know that the duck is still there this evening. My dog is so good. She does not bark or make a sound around vulnerable animals, and she does not chase them (except for some squirrels). She just looked at the mother duck a few days ago when we saw it in the next door neighbor's yard, and it waddled away, but I did not realize the duck was nesting in my yard until I found it today.

God is good.

Only people mentioned by @IMPatriotRU in this post can reply

Praying for President Donald J Trump & all those souls dedicating themselves to saving the world from those who seek to destroy us.

In response CM_ Patriot to his Publication

You have a good dog!

Protect 1st & 2nd Amendment, Protect Children, Save America, Let Freedom Ring, United We Stand, We The People

In response Royal Raven to her Publication

Yes, she is so good! I am so proud of her. She does not chase rabbits, or baby rabbits, and she could easily do so. She is a German Shepherd.

But we have a macaw and the dog is used to the bird, so she does not chase birds.

So very proud of her!

(1) Show this thread

US LEGAL resident alien, WWG1WGA, Out of Darkness into Light. Tallyho!!

In response CM_ Patriot to his Publication

Do you have a pond?

Ducklings are so adorable!

One of our hens just hatched 6 chicks today - very pleased! 😊😊

Protect 1st & 2nd Amendment, Protect Children, Save America, Let Freedom Ring, United We Stand, We The People

In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication

There is a lake 3-4 houses down the street. I think it came up away from the lake because of gators since it is mating season. A neighbor had a gator in the street in front of her house last week, and fish and wildlife had to come and catch it because it was in front of a children's park in the street. So I think it is safer in my bushes because no one can see it. And I water a small herb garden for 10 minutes every morning, so that was probably helping it get water, plus we have been getting rain every day the last week.

Congrats on the 6 new chicks! So exciting! New life, and little chicks for babies! TY for sharing the pic!!

(1) Show this thread