MAGA Patriot whose life has been turned upside down in recent days. The support and kindness I get here is incredible. Thanks, frens.

I haven't posted anything on AU for months. Anyone else feeling depressed and despondent? I'm interested in the point a person reaches when they lose hope and it no longer seems worth it to go on living. im at that point now and have the means to be out of here in about an hour.
What spiritual consequences are there for people who take their lives? That's really all that's holding me back.

In response David Treciak to his Publication

I see that beautiful picture of Lulu. She trusts you and will spend the rest of her life waiting for you to come back.

Also, interesting that you asked “what” spiritual consequences there are…not IF there are any.

These two things are your own answer David.

♾️

Those are very incisive points. I'm still haunted by the Richard Gere movie about the dog who waited for him to return home.
I had a gf years ago who suffered a near death incident. She said dying was an orgasmic experience and it lasted about 10 minutes before she was revived. She was relieved and joyous to be released from her body to return to a pure energy state where she was a part of universal energy and knowledge. When she realized she had to return to her body she fought it.
Things are getting worse every day. More bad news that keeps me in a constant state of anxiety and depression. I'm getting a test kit for the pills i have just in case. If I use them I need to be sure they're good quality. With my luck I'd do a half ass job and end up a vegetable. i know i sound nuts, but im just not willing to stay in a corrupt world where i have nothing to look forward to and have to steal every day to survive.

In response Pres Trump to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @scifiwriter in this post can reply

1/2

Yes I know that movie and thought of it as well.
To be honest, I don’t think there are wrong turns, only turns. I spent 3 years volunteering on the National suicide hotline during which I experienced some of the most meaningful moments of my life. It seems to me the point of it all is to see and be seen…God realized among us. And, any action taken in the space of full conscious awareness is sacred.
I have spent a fair amount of time in my life contemplating suicide. Once in my thirties and most recently 2021 (I’m 60 now). Like you, I had no interest in being in a world which is showing itself to be complete decrepitude. Only two things seemed to stand in my way: the thought of leaving my 4 children to make sense of it and the possibility I’d have to come back and do it all over again. So if checking out was off the table, then the only thing at hand was how to move forward.

2/2

I have learned that if I am suffering, I am believing a lie. Perhaps your present circumstances are reflecting back an inner belief that you deserve what you’re experiencing.
Here’s some truth…You are not what you think you are and the fact that you exist means you are worthy.

From A Course in Miracles:

Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the peace of God