A learning for me… large cities are artificial environments and largely enemy territory with unhealthy vibes and dangerous traps. I get spiritually sick in the city; I heal around nature. The urban buzz is an addictive drug that no longer serves me. The smaller towns and cities with medieval centres are OK. At this point the fight is for wellness of self rather than awakening of others.

Patriot. Veteran. 😎 Queenie. Just call me Smoo. 🤗 Animal Rights = Human Rights. Proud PITBULL momma! #Godwins.

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

I always wanted to live in “exciting London”. Wanted more than anything to live there from 1st sight in ‘99. Had a few opportunities (last one: interview on Sept 11, 2001 (wanted to hire me but job was cut; like 1000s that day).

Finally, got my chance in 2007. Job was outside London. Thought, fine, I’ll reverse commute! Stayed at friend’s in Camden, doing the reverse gig (50 min train OW). I’d get back into London too tired to go out!

Even in those few yrs, London had changed a lot. Not for the better. Too expensive, crowded, international (always had a bit of that; now more a majority, w/less charm of original waves, and much more rudeness). Red phone boxes were dissapearing! 🥺 Even black taxis got silly in last 10 yrs w/drivers having GPS, or relying on ME to tell them directions! The horror!

I ended up in a charming village close to work (4 fab pubs!); and popped into London by same train often for happy hours, lectures, shows, dinners, etc. Best move in hindsigh

Only people mentioned by @TaoOfSmoo in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Tao Of Smoo, click on at the bottom under it