Power grid destroyed by vandals in North Carolina around Fort Bragg

The county has 47,000 Duke Energy customers, so 38,000 outages in the county is a large percentage.

The Duke Energy website listed no cause for the outages. The Southern Pines Pilot newspaper reported that vandalism at two power substations caused the outages.

Have a friend in the area. Story is people were protesting a drag show that was going on and that "far right people" shot into substations in protest. Sounds like a media attempt to stir up sh** to me.

This is one of those something important happened stories that's just going to quietly go away but I think that it's significant

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/nearly-40000-in-the-dark-as-massive-power-outage-hits-moore-county/amp/

Only people mentioned by @Robertauthor in this post can reply

Only followers of this user (@MidnightRyder) can see their posts

Twit contact ELM 23 @inittogether23 In a happy relationship with my handsome #save the children #freejulianassange #Trump2023

In response Robert Wakefield to his Publication

I live in NC...no other story out there about this except the CBS link you shared. Kind of like when a marine vehicle was involved in an accident and marines went flying out of back of truck. I beleive they charged the driver but like this it went away very quickly. Very suspect, feels like CBS may have been the only.one covering that as well if I remember correctly. Gonna see if I saved it.

In response Robert Wakefield to his Publication