Dog (lightly) bit my son tonight.

Was more of a warning bite than anything, and no cuts or anything. Son is totally fine and was laughing minutes later, but we’re a bit shaken up.

Anyone gone through this with their dog?

Only people mentioned by @doqholliday in this post can reply

When life throws you curve balls, fuck the pitcher. ⚾️ #ForGodandCountry 🇺🇸♥️🤍💙🇺🇸 #MAGA #2A #BacktheBlue 🖤💙🖤

In response Doq Holliday to his Publication

Unfortunately mine bit someone the other day. He’s a lab! She needed stitches. Im more than likely going to be sued. Have no clue where Ill get the money. I am searching for an animal behaviorist so it doesnt happen again.

To quote my Granny: "I don't understand all I know about it"! But I believe in GOD's Sovereignty. Truth. Light. Love. And His

Doq, glad son ok. As we are encouraged on AU to educate ourselves, I highly recommend "Cesar's Way" by Cesar Millan. Star of Nat Geo's "Dog Whisperer." Reader friendly and go-to reference manual for dog owners, sitters, anyone in contact with dogs!
Will help explain so much about dog, as a pack animal, and most importantly, our Human interaction with them. Then, will become a healthy friend on both sides! Still learning from 72 y.o. side as trusted dog sitter! Works! Would be excellent Christmas gift❣️

Digital Warrior who took the Oath! Thriving in Free Florida Sending Love, Joy & Blessings from our Dad... To ALL on Earth & ALL Above

If he's a pup, no big deal. A quick snap to the nose
right after a bite, will shock him... not hard just shocking.

Some dogs 'mouth' to express emotion, esp Labs. Just
have to kinda live with for awhile & provide them plenty
of alternatives to grab & chew... toys.

Maybe have a toy handy & everytime he 'mouths'.. stuff
the toy in his mouth!

One Truth, One Song, One Energy - PRINCE. ☔️🕊🚲☮️🎶💜 EVeRyThinG IS FREQUENCY! The ONLY way 2 WIN the Game is 2 NOT play the Game! 🦅🇺🇸😎

Certainly have. December 1994. I was feeding my 8 Lab puppies. Had a retired K-9 German Shepherd who was fairly new in our household. It was evening and a Storm was coming in. I somehow got in the way of pecking order while feeding and the shepherd jumped up and bit me on my upper right shoulder blade. It was a quick bite and release but terrifying. I was bruised for a solid week. First and last time.

To quote my Granny: "I don't understand all I know about it"! But I believe in GOD's Sovereignty. Truth. Light. Love. And His

In response June Nelson to her Publication

Interesting. That's the gesture Cesar Millan (Dog Whisperer) explains is how the pack leader (alpha person) warns other pack member that he/she is in charge. Human: quick hand pinch to should/neck of dog to establish authority. Not a certified dog trainer, but experienced dog sitter. Have seen it work. Be responsible!

(1) Show this thread

Ultra MAGA, outspoken, insubordinate nurse, with bags packed for reeducation camp.

professional training. i will never have another dog with out it. they can see things we don’t.

Ultra MAGA, outspoken, insubordinate nurse, with bags packed for reeducation camp.

professional training. i will never have another dog with out it. they can see things we don’t.

Feeling ascension! I am seeing and inner-standing more each day! WWG1WGA Widow, Grandma, Harley Rider, Cancer Survivor.😘🙏😉😎❤️Nature❤️

I read early on in the plandemic that vaxed people’s pets were going wild.🤷‍♀️Shedding?🤷‍♀️
I know of a cat that was put down for this.
Makes you wonder, though, if people could react the same?? 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

only heard of my this happening to my family friends daughter when she was about 4, they got scared then it happened a couple more times and they gave the dog to their friend who has a farm :( i think Dakota was a boxer pup 🐶 i pray your dog settles down ♥️ what kind of dog?

DOQ you need to flip the dog on its back and press your hand on his chest and hold down for any behavior like that! Dog is showing dominance over the child and you need to remind him you are the alpha not him.

In response Laura Anon777 to her Publication

Absolutely ture! Great comment.

(1) Show this thread

Patriot. Veteran. 😎 Queenie. Just call me Smoo. 🤗 Animal Rights = Human Rights. Proud PITBULL momma! #Godwins.

First, relax. Without knowing all the circumstances (age/pain of dog, your son, etc.), my best advice - if this is new - is assume the dog is in pain and take him to the vet. Keep son away from dog unless supervised.

The comments on this thread are heartbreaking. Shooting your dog! Evil!! Why not just find it a new-better-home? 😡

You as the dog owner have a responsibilty to learn how dogs communicate, what their thresholds are, and to get a trainer if there are issues. [BTW - dog training is for the humans].

If you can’t - or won’t - be a good, responsible guardian and get the training you need to be one, then simply find the dog a good new home by working with (and funding) a local rescue!!

Only followers of this user (@Sand777) can see their posts

Banned on multiple platforms. Love God/Family/Country to the core. Save The Children. Lifelong Geek. Awake 25+ years. Always more to learn.

My sister was a breeder of champion show and field dogs for many years and it always angered her what parents would allow their children to do to the dogs.

Dogs have boundaries.

Learn the boundaries your dog has.

They are not trampolines, mattresses, pull toys, or squeek toys for children.

Respect them as living beings.

Teach your children the same.

And the dogs will willingly give their life to protect you and your family.

This is a teachable moment for you and your child, not the dog.

I’ve had dogs my whole life, the smaller they are the quicker to give a little snap. Mostly if a kid scares them if they are sleeping, accidentally steps on their tail, plays a bit rough. They are a pack mentality animal so I’m assuming your son is not the alpha so he/she was just letting him know he crossed a line. Definitely keep an eye on it but that’d be my guess. Hope this helps 👍🏻 This is my boy Denver

In response The Qonspiracist to his Publication

Sophisticated!

Former liberal, happily MAGA now!!

In response The Qonspiracist to his Publication

He has a very important meeting to go to.

(3) Show this thread

WWG1WGA! Donald J Trump IS My President! Proud Supporter and BELIEVER! God, Family, Country and my Dogs!

Family dog bit me when i was 18. 13 stiches under my eye, and cuts on my nose. He was old and had alot of pain. I came home from school and got on the floor with him and pet him in the wrong spot i guess, and he let me know it. My parents put him down. He wasnt living his best life at that point, but i always felt guilty because of it.

what was the situation?

Aware of enough lies that I am suspicious of every truth - and the truth does not care about your feelings...INFJ Sigma

Yes...my Huskimo nips at children who get close to her face...but not adults...she has never made contact, but it still worries me.

You can get a dog trainer to come in. Many will even give lessons at your house.

One time in my childhood our family dog put teeth in back of my sisters neck. That was because she was too close when he wanted to be alone. There was no bite marks just crapped crip for a while.

Maybe some more context on the situation will help with advice. ie was Joy Reid “performing” somewhere in the background?

Yes. When my dog didn't want to be bothered on occasion. Let my kids know and all was fine.

(2)Q:
Information Warfare

Only followers of this user (@Shin) can see their posts

Yes, my daughter wanted to pet our dog but he was sleeping and she didn't realize it. She scared him and he nipped her. He's the biggest baby ever and he wouldn't hurt a fly but he was asleep. God brings us what we need, even when we don't realize it. He will be her protector, i promise.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Happy with Life...Faith in Our Lord God...Love being outside...Enjoy

My kitty would cuddle -all of a sudden she would bite. With animals, it is sometime a love bite.

Retired former Mktg. Comm Graphic Art. Married to Ron. Crazy for Vegas Golden Knights & Hockey pets! I love America! #SAVEAMERICA

Not a dog, but my older cat cranky lately and biting which made me think, he’s got some pain somewhere such as arthritis in the hind end or another type old age issue brewing. Going to make an appointment with the vet.

Yes, I have had dogs all of my life. Was your son bugging him (like with a toy, while the pup was sleeping or eating?) Because it didnt break the skin and was more of a warning, it sounds like the pup was agitated. Maybe have a chat with both (not trying to be funny) asking your son what he was doing before hand to the pup (if anything). Sometimes, younger children like to pull ears, tails, lift jowls etc. The reason I ask is it sounds like the pup was just tryong to say “enough, I dont want to hurt you, please leave me be. Hope this helps. Hugs.

warning nip,depends on what occurred, young one bothering the dog?maybe dog is not feeling well?

Only followers of this user (@Parnelli) can see their posts