Not all red lights are stop signs or brothels. Sometimes it's just home decor. https://newsletter.martingeddes.com/p/pensions-and-mortgages-act-as-social?sd=pf

One of the hardest decisions (yet liberating) was to leave the company I was at for 11 years. I was a laborer for a large railroad and had a pension plan and 401K. I cashed out the 401K, knowing I would be penalized, but it was the best choice at the time.
I became a slave to my own retirement fund, always worrying about how much to put in, if I would even make it to the age "they" determined.
By not having it any more, I have come to the realization, I am not being controlled by that company any more. Hard life choices sometimes give sweet spiritual rewards.

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Quilibet in this post can reply

Texas patriot; love my state, country and 4 guys(Hubs, son and 2 furry dudes). God has blessed me.

You are an inspiration.
Congrats on breaking free!

i wish i can same here pension 457 would love to just walk away but cant unfortunately one dat thoe one day 🙏🏻 and congrats

I left a major healthcare provider that I had worked for 10 yrs when I was being censored and disciplined about my voicing negative concerns with the spamdemic (masks, jabs, protocols). I was speaking against corporate narrative. It was a tough liberating decision. I have not regretted my decision, however it has been challenging with managing the budget.

Ego should have no place, in the heart of man! Numquam Cedere -Never Surrender ***5 Year Active Duty Veteran- Operation Desert Fox.

In response Spheroid Earther to his Publication
(1) Show this thread

Deplorable Patriot and Follower of Yeshua Hamashiach. The Lion of Judah. Precious Child of the Most High, still a little Ferrell

I'm in this club. Did the same thing in 2011. I do have one small retirement plan left that I'm trying to figure out how to grab. But life is simpler and much more fun. I've learned little is much! No worries, no stress.

Fighting the fight to save my kids, grandkids and their grandchildren. Removed from FB and twitter - consider it a badge of honor

similar to my situation - I had a high paying job - in sales and was constantly in stress. I was making quite a bit of money, but I was literally suffering from PTSD. Even after retirement, I would wake up freaking out about a meeting, etc. after 6 months I am in a peaceful and happy place. We are on a fixed income, but trust me the money was NOT worth it. I am blessed

Ego should have no place, in the heart of man! Numquam Cedere -Never Surrender ***5 Year Active Duty Veteran- Operation Desert Fox.

In response Paula Taylor to her Publication

PTSD is the reason I left the job in the first place.
I was having issues with a person who was unstable.
There was no way of knowing if he would step in front of a train going 70 MPH. I did my best until I was having full blown panic attacks. So I left for good.
Luckily I have some benefits from the VA.

(1) Show this thread

Happily married ! Mother and Nana. God given truth seeker ! I love my county ! To God be the glory forever for always

My husand did something close to this, He is SO MUCH happier. And here iI am still slaving away all because I NEED the insurance to cover my medical bills.. But I am SO CLOSE !! So close .. MANY BLESSINGS to you and yours may God always provide the manta we need ! AMEN !

In response Renee Nohren to her Publication

Same with my wife, she is still working for two more years.
We tightened out budget and we know God will provide.

(1) Show this thread

https://on.soundcloud.com/QmEdc https://on.soundcloud.com/d1zYG https://on.soundcloud.com/LPZqJ

U rock Charlie!!!🤍🏁

In response Victor This Guy to his Publication

So do you, Victory

(1) Show this thread