#FamilyIsEverything. APL = 8.17/10 *Authorized conspiracy theorist *Not an authorized preacher.

These movies used to be funny but now it's to close to reality.

In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Idiocracy: Beginning - YouTube

Starting scene from the movie...

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

In response Joe Q Public to his Publication

I get it was meant for fun, but that was a rather nauseating display of stereotype assignment.
~
That was...I don't know, I am at a loss for words. "Insulting" falls immeasurably short.
~
I'm from a family of 7 children. I have a tested IQ higher than mentioned with these actors, I'm a father of 6 children who are all highly intelligent and quite successful, grandfather of 9 with a broad spectrum of physical and academic excellence among them The ones that are into sports are so they would avoid drug/alcohol use/abuse and it worked. The cherry on the cake is we are from the southeastern US and all but myself, resulting from years of public speaking, have lost mine by training it away, all speak with a hard southern accent.
~
Not a single one mentioned, including me, has any criminal record, history of violence, or has never even been brought up on charges of drugs or alcohol.
~
I was the only authority/social rebel/alcohol & drug abuser and so raised them to be better than me

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

Then you already knew how important, if not the most important, having children if able is. I agree Mike Judge completely makes the topic a stereotype spectacle of "Southerners", however the me personally in the North/Big City types the "smart couple" is much more common sadly is the message I got from it as a warning..... PS - I did not make the movie ;)

Oh yes, well aware that it wasn't your personal work. I do agree as well...sorry if you have a degree and nothing personal also is meant but some of the "stupidest" people I have ever encountered held them! intelligence and wisdom are two entirely different species and everyone tries to marry the two!
~
I see so many (not pointing this at you) that follow right along with the "ignorant hick" stereotype laughing all the way, but then watch their blood boil when anyone tries to associate the "ignorant hick" stereotyping with a MAGA supporter!
~
I pray for a day when all this social separation dissolves...sigh

Only people mentioned by @realyestervue in this post can reply

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

Well [they] like to think God Fearing People no matter Who or Where are "stupid". Another way for [them] to divide and conquer IMHO....

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

YES! We can't even talk about gathering without "sorting everyone" into different beliefs! Can't proclaim belief without being pressed about which damned denomination you are!
I ask to respond by asking them what denomination the Christ was?

(1) Show this thread

Only followers of this user (@naynay0216_arc) can see their posts

In response Ren Con ⭐ to her Publication

Yep! If I had a dollar for every dirt clod I broke on my raw knees digging potatoes to store for winter, and every stick of wood I sweat splitting by hand and stacking...

(1) Show this thread