1st QtheGathering was 2023! Supporter of Q& Q+,Vets, Family& Soul Tribe Vibes! Gratitude & Love for God, Jesus, Mother Mary

Patriot Soapmaker; Proverbs 31 woman; Trump Supporter. Popcorn, hell; bring out the Qake! Pit bull mama Banned 17 times from Twatter...

In response Kris Williams to her Publication

Great chart!

If you grow roses, always plant them on the East side of the house where they'll get the first morning sun. This helps them dry off faster, so they don't develop black spot if it rains overnight.

Also, underplant them with garlic & chamomile.

Plant basil next to EVERYTHING... It's one of those "nurse" plants.

You can take a handful of basil or chamomile & steep it, then add to your watering can in the morning. You won't believe how it can perk up a plant that has suffered an attack by insects or whatever.

Mulching your strawberries with pine needles with give you 10X the flavor!

1st QtheGathering was 2023! Supporter of Q& Q+,Vets, Family& Soul Tribe Vibes! Gratitude & Love for God, Jesus, Mother Mary

In response BumbleBeeZ Patriot to her Publication

TY!!! I will have to keep all these in mind. My son has a garden build from scratch coming up this year! I am sure it will come in handy!!!

Patriot Soapmaker; Proverbs 31 woman; Trump Supporter. Popcorn, hell; bring out the Qake! Pit bull mama Banned 17 times from Twatter...

Welcome!

I'm doing that now - we bought in April 2021 but torrential rains hit - 5 meters in 3 months!

Last year's garden was a near total bust. We did get 3 watermelons, some beans & some okra, not much else.

Just got my Jerusalem artichokes planted yesterday - I'm ripping out lawn so hubs doesn't have to build a fence around our veggie garden.

Turns out the soil's better there... They must have fertilized a bit, because the grass is lusher.

Makes it easier to rip out the turf, though, so I sit on my butt scraping & cutting away with my Japanese hoe... Adding compost & horse manure & some volcanic minerals (Azomite is AWESOME!!! Really ups the mineral content of your soil & therefore the mineral content of your food!)

He couldn't get around to fencing, so I went radical & decided to "help" him out by smallifying the size of the enormous front yard...

Next up - transplanting blueberries from the back to front!

Want an easy tip for a higher garden level? And when it breaks down, if you enclose it with burlap or even wood, it will compost down! You can also fill high bins with sticks and wood at the bottom for the raised garden bed fillers! ;-)

Great idea! I go through a lot of hay, LOL. Straw's hard to come by where I live.

I just kind of did that with t-posts & chicken wire 2 ft. tall, then weed barrier cloth, then put a bunch of tree trunk rounds inside, then smaller branches & stuff, then lots of leaves & green stuff... fill with compost & topsoil & VOILA!

I plan to surround those with some pallets that have been reworked to a solid wall, but tht can come later, while I'm waiting for all the veggies to grow!

Only people mentioned by @BumbleBeeZPatriot in this post can reply

Looking forward to the day we heal our wounds and live in Peace,Love and Unity as we were meant to.

Love this convo! Thanks for sharing all your tips!!! A tip that worked great for us for fertilizer is Bunny poop. Plus if you raise a few meat rabbits you always have a meat source if needed. They breed like rabbits. 😂 We would put a small scoop of bunny poop or goat poop right into the hole and mix the dirt up with it before putting in the seeds. Really good natural clean fertilizer and easy to produce yourself. Blessings and Love! ❤️

In response --- Shuaye to her Publication

BINGO!

Right now, what this soil desperately needs is manure!

I'm going tomorrow down to Boothtown Road & ask those folks if I can pick up their pasture & clean their barn!

In Uruguay, we had only sand, no soil, so we had to make our own with compost, charcoal, etc.

I was a common sight in those days, walking along with my 2 buckets & my gloves on, picking up meadow muffins & thanking God for the open grazing laws.

I've been trying to find a burro or small pony, but meeting with frustration. They were everywhere last summer for $100 up to $500, but no ponies this year... Donkeys are now costing between $1000 & $5000!

I'm not going to pay that much for a shit machine... God knows I want such a creature, because I need the garden to feed the pigs, too, and a few 2-leggeds I've taken a shine to.

Chickens are next for us - they don't stress their shelter much.

Can a goat shed be built of cinder blocks?

Lumber is so expensive.

We have lots of tin for roofin

(1) Show this thread