Only followers of this user (@MrDeeds1111) can see their posts

Blunt to the point of abrasive..I shoot from the hip.. AM directed by the heart .. tempered by the 🧠

In response Mr. Deeds to his Publication

sounds & looks like purple martins feasting on mosquitos.. it looks like sn organized guard...

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

In response Lisa Daigle to her Publication

...but mosquitos in January? This looks like a response to something not normally encountered by them. Seems eery they are willing to be so close without flocking away in a mas from the lot when the people drive and walk right next to them...just weird...

Blunt to the point of abrasive..I shoot from the hip.. AM directed by the heart .. tempered by the 🧠

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

they do it here on the gulf coast as well.. must mean Gate squetters were midified for taste as well... we have crows that “mob” but dont get violent, but i have heard some “demand more food” if u feed them & few times..

Grew up in the southeast US & we don't have mosquitos in January, they come out with the new grass in spring. We do have the bugs of every biting blood-sucking kind including leeches in abundance in standing warm waters.
In the heavily forested Ozarks in the river valley I grew up in I've been around many massive mobs of birds of many kinds, including mind-bending numbers of migratory birds en route of all kinds of species/types/seasons. Even today as an outdoor enthusiast/hunter/fisherman ongoing for over 45 years...they just usually ain't "that" comfortable that close to both simultaneously many moving cars and walking people in numbers all around the whole flock at the same time without having some flushing effects on them to remain a comfortable distance. You could almost reach out quickly and grab one of these guys and they're that close all over the lot.
Those are too big for Martins I believe. Looks more like a blackbird/magpie type of species. Would have to hear them better.

Only people mentioned by @realyestervue in this post can reply

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

we get a bloom of mosquitoes( large eqyptian) everytime it warms up here in the subtropics before our first winter freeze.. bout to get our forst one this weekend.. i still gave speing peeper frogs feeding on them & the ants( gulf south crazy ants).. has to beung a bunch back outdoors after they leppee out of my tender tropicals i brought in for the freeze) pepes a leaping & my catz is crazy over it!!kek

im on the water/gulf

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

We get the tree peerers too but again more spring/summer times. Also those neato little rain frogs by the billions in summer...feel bad trying to walk and NOt step on them as they are EVERYWHERE!

(2) Show this thread