Jesus is my Savior. Love my husband & America. Dog lover. RN. Constitutional conservative. Love Trump. Followed by Flynn on Twitter.

In response MATTHEW Bissanti to his Publication

Absolutely true. The 5013C tax has had a huge negative effect on the church, turning most churches into businesses and the worship of money. Success is determined on how large the attendance is, rather than truly teaching the true gospel of grace, freedom, New Covenant and restoration of the spiritually dead to spiritual life. It is all about a true, deep and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Small home churches/bible studies will be the future of the faith.

When driving through some rural country sides, I have observed these huge mega churches positioned in the middle of a field with a huge parking lot. To drive for many miles in all directions I have found myself looking for people/citizens of that community that would need a church of that size. In most instances there wouldn't be enough to fill up 1/2 of the church. Where is the money coming from to build and maintain these monstrosities? Obviously 501(c)(3). These churches need tore down. Let's go back to tents and community with Friday's or Sunday's being the day of worship and the community gathers for discussion and dinner everyone bringing a dish to share. Helps you become more aware of your fellow man in your community. Helps you see who needs support due to rough times. Sadly we hardly see people giving a damn about their fellow man/neighbor. Looking forward to coming changes.

In response Carol Roberts to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Kells1960 in this post can reply

Jesus is my Savior. Love my husband & America. Dog lover. RN. Constitutional conservative. Love Trump. Followed by Flynn on Twitter.

In response Kells 1960 to her Publication

It is quite obvious that many churches are so dependent on the government interference of the "tax break" that provides their money, it would not be a surprise that they are controlled as to what they do, what they can teach and so forth. Home churches in peoples homes are the answer. No need to support a church building, but "giving" can be serving as a group in the local community instead. Giving can go to a radio ministry for instance that spreads the true gospel of grace. Or people can choose to support a local community cause in the name of Jesus. Just the act of opening ones home to share the gospel is "giving" to the community.

In response Carol Roberts to her Publication

The Amish do have some things right

(1) Show this thread
In response Kells 1960 to her Publication

You should drive through my hometown Arab, AL. It has a population of about 9000 and there is a mega church on every freaking corner. It is a very small city and it probobly has at the very least 10 mega churchs on top of about 20 smaller ones. It is unreal.