Being humble involves *not* being humiliated. "I have been deceived and screwed up as a result" is utterly ordinary. Recognising that deception, accepting it, and moving on is honourable and decent. Anyone who criticises you should take the plank out of their own eye first; we're all "asleep" or "off course" in some aspect of our lives. It is the pride that refuses to acknowledge the wrong that deserves the humiliation of the crashing ego.

Only people mentioned by @martingeddes in this post can reply

“We hold these truths to be self evident...” I believe that👆🏼

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

I don't think im always right but
I always think I'm right
because by the time I realize that I was wrong I've changed my mind and think I'm right again. I get closer and closer to actually being right every time that happens so it's worth celebrating.

“We hold these truths to be self evident...” I believe that👆🏼

In response Michael Polland to his Publication

by the way Martin, its great to see you again. I followed you over from Telegram. I love the familiar feel over here.

(1) Show this thread

✝️ Jesus follower, Jesus is the Word and so is the Bible, the USA is the greatest country on Earth 🇺🇸

Incredibly well stated wow, and thank you for the Biblical reference. Humility (being humble) is extremely rare yet extremely valuable, and is DIScouraged these days by the media etc. - I wonder why. To me, the smartest people are humble. The ones who think they are smart are not!

God, family, country. WWG1WGA. Awakened, Blessed and Ascending

Recently retired, no longer affiliated with any party. Constitutional patriot listening for God’s word

the less ego, the less you srick out lie a nail to be hammered. no need to prove anything, just be there for others

Happily married ! Mother and Nana. God given truth seeker ! I love my county ! To God be the glory forever for always

WELL SAID Martin... I missed you on twitter and you photos !! Glad to see you here and well !

God is everything, literally. Blessed, married, mom x2, ❤️USA, Trump, military, patriots ,MAGA. 🤬 pedos commies & traitors of ALL stripes

there is great power in humility. .....never knew that until i got sober