#wwg1wga
#MAGA

For some reason this poster reminds me of this song by Robert Hunter. You'd be surprised how many conservative Dead Heads there are. Here's a few lines from 'Help on the Way"

"Help on the way
Well I know only this, I've got you today
Don't fly away
'Cause I love what I love and I want it that way
I will stay, one more day
Like I say, honey, it's you
Making it too
Without love in the dream it'll never come true"

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord" Is1:18;

In response Earnest T Bass to his Publication

Of note too of how genuinely and respectfully (though even 'creatively') the American flag was generally displayed, treated, and a part of the Dead symbolism and their community.

"Red and white, blue suede shoes
I'm Uncle Sam, how do you do?
Give me five, I'm still alive
Ain't no luck, I learned to duck"

In response wht 2.0 to his Publication

They (Hunter and Barlow) were pretty deep thinkers--Critical but fair. Good point about the flag. Hunter could see it as a symbol of stiving to do good, although at times being hijacked for ill.

Exactly right. There was no doubt they realized, embraced and *appreciated* the fact there was no other country in the world whose unique historical roots they could have grown out of and thrived within. They were first and foremost a 100% *American* rock band.

I'm on a fb page of old Dead Heads and there's a few times where there have been extreme arguments and meme wars when somebody would post something about Trump- Like the 'Trumpin' poster- which really triggers them- but sooner or later they would shut the convo down and the conservatives would be given a week two banishment for their sins- but as time went on there seemed to be more conservatives than libs when that happened. John Perry Barlow has been mentioned by Q a couple of times.

Interesting

The left are the poster children of iron fisted social control nowadays .. though the right have their own love affair w/ big government as well

Jerry was decidedly not into controlling others

Only people mentioned by @wht in this post can reply

We took for granted how much people got along back then- talked about politics sometimes but it wasn't nearly as divisive of an atmosphere. After Jerry died, the rest of them helped Obama. I always told the libs that The Dead never would have been a band in a communist country.

Although they were tribal in practice and form they were definitely not "anti" capitalists ... 'creative' capitalists yes in the grand tradition of true Americana

(1) Show this thread