#wwg1wga
#MAGA

For some reason this poster reminds me of this song by Robert Hunter. You'd be surprised how many conservative Dead Heads there are. Here's a few lines from 'Help on the Way"

"Help on the way
Well I know only this, I've got you today
Don't fly away
'Cause I love what I love and I want it that way
I will stay, one more day
Like I say, honey, it's you
Making it too
Without love in the dream it'll never come true"

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord" Is1:18;

In response Earnest T Bass to his Publication

Of note too of how genuinely and respectfully (though even 'creatively') the American flag was generally displayed, treated, and a part of the Dead symbolism and their community.

"Red and white, blue suede shoes
I'm Uncle Sam, how do you do?
Give me five, I'm still alive
Ain't no luck, I learned to duck"

In response wht 2.0 to his Publication

They (Hunter and Barlow) were pretty deep thinkers--Critical but fair. Good point about the flag. Hunter could see it as a symbol of stiving to do good, although at times being hijacked for ill.

Exactly right. There was no doubt they realized, embraced and *appreciated* the fact there was no other country in the world whose unique historical roots they could have grown out of and thrived within. They were first and foremost a 100% *American* rock band.

I'm on a fb page of old Dead Heads and there's a few times where there have been extreme arguments and meme wars when somebody would post something about Trump- Like the 'Trumpin' poster- which really triggers them- but sooner or later they would shut the convo down and the conservatives would be given a week two banishment for their sins- but as time went on there seemed to be more conservatives than libs when that happened. John Perry Barlow has been mentioned by Q a couple of times.

Only people mentioned by @EarnestTBass3 in this post can reply

Interesting

The left are the poster children of iron fisted social control nowadays .. though the right have their own love affair w/ big government as well

Jerry was decidedly not into controlling others

We took for granted how much people got along back then- talked about politics sometimes but it wasn't nearly as divisive of an atmosphere. After Jerry died, the rest of them helped Obama. I always told the libs that The Dead never would have been a band in a communist country.

(1) Show this thread