Devotion-Thursday, October 17th, 2024
By: David Jacobs

PROTECTING THE CULTURE

I am Caucasian. My wife is Asian. Nobody in my entire family has ever married a non-Caucasian person, so when I brought my then girlfriend home to meet my family, I was met with some scrutiny. "Why can't you marry a white person? I remember my family asking. My family is very tolerant and open compared to most and I can assure you my wife's family had more suspicion towards me than my family did. Both families feared that part of their culture and heritage would be lost.

Continued

Only people mentioned by @DaughterOfGod in this post can reply

Child of GOD. Love GOD, JESUS, Hubby Mick of 33 yrs, Kids and Family. NO DM'S #GodWon #WWG1WGA JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR #ISTANDWITHTRUMP

In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication

The people of Israel were exiled from their homeland for generations. In the book of Ezra, they were allowed by Cyrus the Great to return. In these verses, Ezra makes a decree: the men that have taken "strange wives" have badly transgressed against Israel and against God. they must repent and get rid of these non-Jewish wives in order to satisfy their Lord. Not too different from what my and my wife's families said!

Ezra and the leaders of Israel feared to lose their culture and their identity. If they mixed their bloodlines with people of other nations, they would be unable to preserve the culture that they were proud of. More importantly, they were proud of. More importantly, they were worried that they would lose their people to other gods.