Not many Veterans tell you a story as it`s traumatic it`s easier to just forget in your mind !
In the Eighties I was operational watching a house where Terrorist were meeting ! We were under cover I was the Driver and Mt best Mate was the Photographer !
We were hit by a Jcb from the rear we were in a Vauxhall Cavalier then shots were fired glass splintering and my mind just started pumping adrenaline ! I had a 9mil Browning but i just hit the accelerator we were in half of what the car had been all crushed at the back ! | We were then being chased by Black taxi`s with shots from armalites pinging the metal and wisping past us !
We reached the UK Forces check point and I cried out in joy too turn to my best friend to see he was dead he took a bullet to the head !
It took me over 10 years to tell this and in writing have a tear in my eye !
I was in depression for a year after until some awesome Lady helped me - I told you that part b4- Anyway no Hero but that`s what a veteran is

i understand. my dad was scarred also and he didnt even see physical fighting.. things happened and he never told us.. an uncle had ptsd and was never cared for at all.. he was not the same man he was when my aunt married him.. it affects everyone.. i honor you as you lived thru it. God just wasnt ready for you yet... still isnt!! He has good thoughts as i enjoy your texts.. you were a handsome man.. not that it matters but letting you know it is noted.. ha ha.. i guess he wanted you to be here at this time to see why things were the way they were back then and how lied to everyone was after that going forward... we all were.. it will take some time to just accept it but how would or could we think otherwise... you are a blessing in this world and i am proud to call you an anon friend... blessings.

In response Robert Wakefield to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @ingajana in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Ingrid Colby, click on at the bottom under it