Child of GOD. Love GOD, JESUS, Hubby Mick of 33 yrs, Kids and Family. NO DM'S #GodWon #WWG1WGA JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR #ISTANDWITHTRUMP

DEFENDING AGAINST TEMPTATION BY: DAVID JACOBS

What is our defense against temptation? Most of us have been in a time in our life where we have just had enough, and end up giving into every enticing urge, every hint of desire. Getting out of this mindset requires an understanding of the process of temptation. Though it may not always seem like it when temptation strikes, it is a gradual process. This is a good thing! It means that if we become aware of it, we can cut it off at any stage.

Continued in Comments

Typically, temptation starts in our minds. The tempted person sets up imagined scenarios. God has blessed us with the ability to create entire experiences out of nothing using just our mind, but like so many of God's gifts, we must be careful not to abuse it. Fantasies may seem harmless if we keep them in our minds and don't bring them out into the real world, but they can lead us down a winding path, eventually enslaving our minds. We become trapped, unable to spend time with God because we are focused on something else.

However, there is good news! God is faithful, and when we ask for His help, He can show us how to escape our imprisonment. Temptation begins and ends in the mind, so that is where, with God as our general, we wage war on it. Instead of fantasy, we fill our mind with the Word of God and feed on it daily so that our sin will be uprooted and our thoughts transformed. In this way we are set free.

In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @DaughterOfGod in this post can reply

In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication

Grand Rising Tammi !!

Have a great day...GOD bless you and your family

love you sister

Child of GOD. Love GOD, JESUS, Hubby Mick of 33 yrs, Kids and Family. NO DM'S #GodWon #WWG1WGA JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR #ISTANDWITHTRUMP

In response Daniel Sunday to his Publication

🙏❤️🤗🕊️Grand Rising, Daniel. Thank you so much. Wishing you and yours a blessed and beautiful day and week ahead. Love you too, my brother. God bless you and yours.🙏❤️🤗🕊️

(1) Show this thread