DEVOTIONAL-YOU VERSION-SUNDAY, MAY 19TH, 2024

A BETTER WAY

Have you ever gone the wrong way? Once you realized that you were headed in the opposite direction of where you wanted to end up, did you keep going-or did you turn around?

We've all been lost at one time or another. We've all done things we regret. We've all messed up.

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:38 NIV

"Sin" (the Greek word hamartia) means to miss the mark, to be mistaken, or to wander from the path of righteousness. "Repent" (the Greek word metanoeo~) means to change one's mind, change direction, or think and act differently.

Continued in Comments

Only people mentioned by @DaughterOfGod in this post can reply

Child of GOD. Love GOD, JESUS, Hubby Mick of 32 yrs, Kids and Family. NO DM'S #GodWon #WWG1WGA JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR #ISTANDWITHTRUMP

In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication

To summarize our situation: God made the world, we messed it up, and Jesus has come to make things right again. This is our story. But the great news is, even when we've made choices that haven't honored God in the past, it's not too late to turn around.

But you ("each of you," as Peter said) must decide if you want to abandon the path that eventually leads to empty pleasure and unnecessary pain, and turn back to God-allowing grace to wash over you, and by accepting the gift that's already yours.

And that awesome gift-the Holy Spirit-will help you, lead you, and comfort you...in a way that only He can. And though you can't take credit for purchasing the gift or giving the gift, the gift isn't truly yours until you reach out and take it.

Continued in Comments

Child of GOD. Love GOD, JESUS, Hubby Mick of 32 yrs, Kids and Family. NO DM'S #GodWon #WWG1WGA JESUS IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR #ISTANDWITHTRUMP

In response TexasTrumpGirl Tammi to her Publication

Your family cannot do it for you. Your friends cannot do it for you. Your church cannot do it for you.

"He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name." Psalms 23:3 NLT

As you process today's verse, in what way can you turn from your selfish desires and run back to God? As Him to give you the strength, discernment, and endurance to keep following Him...wherever He leads.

He is the better way.

(1) Show this thread