Being an “autist” type is a rather alienating experience: https://www.martingeddes.com/the-reconstruction-of-reality-or-how-autists-saved-the-world/ — I see endless social media posts of other men doing their manly things. I really am not into greasy mechanical stuff, building things from wood or metal, or doing anything at all to impress women. I just organise information. Am quite good at it. It’s my thing. Eventually you make peace with being different. Stop comparing yourself. Enjoy your gift, while they enjoy theirs.

Only people mentioned by @martingeddes in this post can reply

God has already won. ✨🙏🏼✨ Eternal optimist, truth seeker, deep thinker, Gen X, Ninja, Leo, INTJ and always barefoot. Stay shiny frens! 😊

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

This is excellent Martin, thank you. The idea of a personal post being a "reflection point" resonates with me, especially here on AU. I often share highly personal things, such as the struggle I faced this last year helping to care for my sick father and his passing in May. I did not share these things for ego's sake, but rather it was to share common experience that many humans endure. I know that there was someone else out there who would read it, connect with it, and "reflect". Posts like this are a way to share our common humanity, unite us, comfort and soothe our souls, and let others know they are never alone.

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Your ability to share your thoughts through your writing is off the charts. I enjoy it thoroughly.