The paradox of the anon: we are effective as citizen keyboard warriors because we are willing to ignore orders and appear undisciplined by being self-directed, qualities that would likely make us poor recruits into the formal military.

My grandfather Leo served in WWI as German soldier. He always shot ABOVE enemies’ heads because he didn’t want to kill. I agree w/Martin’s sentiment, but there are always ways for people who follow their heart to be “in, but not OF this world,” even if they’re in the military. Leo was an artist trained as a ladies’ tailor in Paris. He immigrated to NYC in '20s, my grandmother Sittah, & my father Felix followed in ’26 when he was settled in w/apt. & biz in upper Manhattan. They would have been killed as Jews had they stayed, even tho they were non-practicing. They found Theosophy in Germany & pursued in NYC, raising my father a Theosophist. Sittah & Leo were raised Orthodox, & they hated it. My mother Nina was raised Greek Orthodox by her parents, who emigrated from Greece before her birth. She hated orthodoxy too, & left church when 17. She became a Theosophist when she married my father. I was raised a Theosophist, & am grateful for the teachings of this wisdom tradition.

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @ValerieGilbert in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Valerie Gilbert, click on at the bottom under it