If X gives creators money from adverts, then I don't feel like I can participate in that. It feels too much like I am being bought off, and I don't like the psychological warfare element of ads. Donations are my model — free content, produced to my own desires. Subscriptions are for when value is being delivered to a schedule of deadline. Would be lovely to have a stable and comfy income, but that's ads are how I want to get paid. A share of subscription revenue for being a contributor to the platform is OK; but then creates accounting issues about allocation and costs.

The best model is to have products or services, but none of the social media platforms have thought through how to integrate their promotion. "Ads" for my own stuff like books or art prints (with rev share to platform) are just fine!

Only people mentioned by @martingeddes in this post can reply

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Someone asked AU to consider a marketplace platform. It might have a membership fee but ads not necessary.

It's still me, following my heart 🙂❤️ and something else 👉 https://anonup.com/thread/13230439 💥

I walk the path God put me on with no doubt and no fear.I will stand by what is right until my last breath.#GodsArmy WWG1WGA #LetsFinishThis

"Promoted" ads= block for me. Feels too PAYtriot to me. I agree. There has to be a different way. But, that being said....it separates the wheat from the chaff😉 I have always appreciated how genuine you are Martin💖 you stand out because of just that💖

The Great Awakening, Trump ... and Q - Photographer, Writer ... Motorcycles! Virgin Mary, Parsifal Jinpa movie, wwg1wgaworldwide ... no DM

In response Bennastix Anon to her Publication

100% agree!!

(1) Show this thread

I struggle with the same ideas. Working locally with people who have advertisers, sponsors, sell their own books, health stuff, etc seems paytriot-y at times. (I’m not the wordsmith) On the other hand, it’s needed to fund furthering the messages of truth and healing. Setting up an event, even at the bare minimum, requires funding. I can donate time, but still need cash for events, etc. Recently, I’ve become more open to the idea.

Professional Free Spirit ✨ On a Mission for Mother Hearth💚 #KennedyVision Ambassador 🕊️ #FamilyIsEverything💖

Writing Is a forma of Art
And when you make art for Money you inevitably end up writing some crap sooner or later
It has to come from the Heart
I Hear you Martin