I feel a bit paralysed by the possibility of serious crazy sh*t starting at any moment. Makes it hard to plan anything, travel in confidence, engage with the ordinary. Is wrong to live in fear, but anxiety is natural given the horror we have already lived through. It may be infinitely better than the worst timelines, but it’s still sickening.

PTSD needs to be changed to CTSD. There is no post, it’s continuous.

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @TheRealMe in this post can reply

In response The Real Me to her Publication

Oh wow. Don't I know it 😭
I am so happy to have my feelings acknowledged by you saying this.

I can't tell my story. First because it wasn't televised and the perpetrator never caught, second because it's hard to tell. I am a very articulate writer and I couldn't even journal it to myself.

It happened when I was 19-21 and I an 53 yrs old now. Now i can tell you this much. I began what i thought was a casual relationship once I dropped out of college. I wasn't working. Moved in with him, but tried to leave after 3 months. He wouldn't let me leave. Wouldn't let me be alone. Would read my mail. Would become violent if I didn't have sex with him 3 or more times a day. Verbally abused me regularly, sometimes physically. When I was finally able to run away, he followed me and caught me. I did it again a second time, he followed me, but i got away. I was pregnant twice and had abortiond, which i deeply regret. Am living a fairly normal married w/kids life now but have panic attacks. T

Questioning everything led to my progressive awakening. Still learning daily. A new me, The Real Me is emerging. Strange, but I like her.

In response Yankee Carolyn to her Publication

You are one strong warrior, my fren. You never gave up and you finally got away. You are winning. I'm sure every day is a struggle, but keep reminding yourself of your strength and how far you've come, and shower your family with the real love you so innocently and deservedly craved. You got this! 💪👏🙏💗

(1) Show this thread