Americans are keeping alive a spirit that is rare. The French and Russians have it, too. Spirit is the invariant; that which defines the ultimate purpose of a people. Being here in Britain is not easy. We are degraded and faded.

Much as it pains me to say it - I have to agree, the majority are still firmly chained to the wall.

However... like yourself, there are bright sparks fluttering in the gloom of the UK.

As a Brit, living in the US, I watch both sides...

I have actually been pleasantly surprised that comments I have made on the Horse and Hound facebook page have actually met support.

Folk involved in the horse world, and country pursuits, are starting to realize, that there is a campaign slowly building to destroy the equine community...

After all, there is no point restricting folk to 15min city zones, if they can get on a horse and go for miles using traditional bridle ways and paths... or restrict the use of travel by putting the cost of fuel up, when a grass fed transportation still exists.

There is also the psychological effect of being on horseback - hard to think like a slave from 5ft up on 1200lb of majestic animal, you control with legs and fingers...😊

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Tallyho in this post can reply

In response Carole Davis-Z to her Publication

Same in US; farmers/ranchers are awake for the most part. We all have seen the writing on the wall! Rural people and communities same. There’s hope!

US LEGAL resident alien, WWG1WGA, Out of Darkness into Light. Tallyho!!

In response Vicki Lord to her Publication

(1) Show this thread

Patriot. Veteran. 😎 Queenie. Just call me Smoo. 🤗 Animal Rights = Human Rights. Proud PITBULL momma! #Godwins.

Time to bring the horse trails back!

In response Tao Of Smoo to her Publication

Yes, and teach drivers how to pass horses safely... I had a motorcycle rev his Harley as he went past my horse - we ended up in the ditch... VERY dangerous.

If this had happened 20 yards further down, we would have been in sharp drainage rip rap.

(1) Show this thread

I look forward to a future where I can learn the truths of the past.

I need a horse.... and a bigger garden lol

In response Heather Nicolson to her Publication

I am considering teaching mine to drive. 😊

(1) Show this thread