Looking forward to the day we heal our wounds and live in Peace,Love and Unity as we were meant to.

My first cockatoo came from a crack house. She barbed her feathers. Some self mutilate. I hope breeding these large parrots in captivity will stop. They're such magnificent creature. They live up to 80 years. We don't keep any other animal as a pet that lives anywhere near this long and we can never provide even close to what they need to be healthy. Cockatoos and macaws fly 1000's of miles a day in the wild. They're little athletes that deserve to be protected. When they start eating their own bodies that should be a sign to humanity to STOP breeding them in captivity. Most large parrots will experience self mutilating, barbing, plucking, vent prolapse and a number of other horrible health effects in their 80 years in captivity. Look up parrots that self mutilate. They'd rather be dead than in a cage. When will we wake up to what we're doing to animals and have a compassionate heart for others!

My sister is a vet and only adopts birds that have pulled out their feathers. This happens a lot when the owner dies, the birds get very depressed and the bird often outlives the owners. She has a room dedicated to these birds, they help each other recover.

In response --- Shuaye to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Pi_n_Cycles in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from :Pi-and: Cycles., click on at the bottom under it