What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

🐸 💗 ☮️ 🇦🇺 🇺🇸

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

I had just turned 16, he was 28, need I say more :(

Took me 12 years to get out. I wish I had listened to my parents and I wish I had been more honest with them in those years as to how bad it was as they would have got me out, no one had a clue and feeling trapped is the most lonely feeling in the world.

In response Awake Elf to her Publication

Thank you for sharing your story. 16 wow, age is just another example of how anyone could be a victim. I don't believe it is ever the victim's fault! I am thankful you got out and are here.

Thank you 💚 it took me so long to realise how unhealthy our relationship was, I was so young and naive. I am grateful we never had kids together, he wanted to but it never felt right to me.

I now have a gorgeous family, 2 kids and a wonderful hubby.

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Awake_Elf in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Awake Elf, click on at the bottom under it