What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Wow! Powerful impact here. Never thought I would encounter abuse. Married late in life to a well establish man, former military, who had many mental issues that surfaced after we got together. Never experience abuse before until I met him. More emotional and mental abuse than anything. But recognized the signs right away. I stayed as long as I could since we had a grand baby to take care of. Once the mother got back on her feet 4 years later,baby went back to her and I packed up, let the house go into foreclosure, and left. I think my issue was I felt sorry for him and wanted him to be a better person. Never happened and I had to give up trying to help him. I've seen lots of friends who stay in abusive relationships, males and females. I don't judge anyone, just pray that one day they can get their life back together and leave the abuse. You can't change people and sometimes their issues are way beyond your pay grade. So stop trying. Sometimes we just have to be selfish and realize yo

Thank you for sharing your story. Your last few sentences are on target. No, judgement but prayer for the person. You can't change people. They do have to want help. Thanks to people here sharing their stories I do have a better understanding. I am thankful you were able to get out and are here.

In response Meggie Jam to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Chonita in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Chonita Nigus, click on at the bottom under it