What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

I have read your comments and I do believe you are coming from a genuine and probably concerned space. With that said, pathologizing victims/survivors? If you're asking why some don't leave, then may I suggest part of the answer is in your question. It's almost the same as enabling the abuser, imo.
I applaud and send hugs to all that have shared their stories here. My own experience really (sadly) opened my eyes to what a failure the court system can be, among other things.
Abuse doesn't happen in a vacuum. Who is stopping the abuser? Why not concentrate on how we can stop abuse and abusers from continuing as opposed to blaming victims. My two cents,

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @GenealogistErin in this post can reply

In response Erin Larson to her Publication

Thank you for sharing that. I agree 100% with the court system failing. I think all abusers should go to jail. I think it should be for more than a few nights. This is another huge problem. Where are the consequences for these abusers?! I am in no way blaming the victims.