What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

The response to my question has been eye opening. I just want to thank everyone who has shared their story. I apologize for sounding repetitive as I truly do mean it. It's hard to imagine what many of you have experienced. I am not sure it is possible if you haven't experienced it yourself. Clearly, you are not alone. There are so many of you with similar stories. My hope is there are those that are reading your stories and find hope and help. Please know you are all brave, and beautiful women! You are survivors! You are helping others! I am so thankful you all are here. Blessings to you all

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Chonita in this post can reply

A FREEDOM THINKING AMERICAN. A SPIRITUAL WAKADO. I LOVE GOD, JESUS AND MY FELLOW HUMANS. THE ONLY THING I HATE IS EVIL.

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

IT'S THAT EVERYDAY THING. EVERYDAY I WILL THING. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU HAVE BEEN IN IT A WHILE.