What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

I know for me it was my kids and I was a stay at home mom and financially dependent. Plus he scared me. It’s hard but I had my breaking point and finally did it after 16 years back in 2014. Now I am happy and in a wonderful marriage. Still sometimes deal with being self conscious from the emotional abuse I endured but its so much better and the fear I had about him is completly gone. I had more growth in that few years after I left him then in my entire life. It was soul training and I am so much stronger and more happy then I have ever been in my life. I know I can make it through anything now!!

Thank you for sharing your story. 16 years? I don't know how you broke free but you did! That is a long time. I am thankful your story did not end there. You have a beautiful testimony for others.

In response Kimberly Robinson to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Chonita in this post can reply

For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Thank you!! ❤️