What is going on with women who refuse to leave an abusive relationship? I am seriously starting to believe it is some sort of disorder. I don't mean to insult anyone or judge them. No one knows what someone else is going through unless they walk in their shoes. I am genuinely trying to understand. How can people help?

I can speak from experience. Recently left everything because the abuse moved towards my eldest daughter after standing up for myself and refusing to tolerate the behavior. I witnessed my older brother being abused by my father growing up. All while protraying to outsiders that we were a normal, happy, family. I refuse to blame others for my issues and mistakes but, logically, it makes sense now why I put up with it for so long. That was "normal" for most of my life. I didn't recognize any major issues until I was too far in. Once I snapped to what was going on, I felt like it was my job to manage it and deescelate situations since I was the one who made the decision to be there in the first place. I watched my mother manage it for so long. It didn't seem so crazy at the time. I'm not sure how an outsider can help, other than listening when someone is speaking out and asking for help. When family/friends say they don't want to get involved/pick sides, they are picking the wrong side.

In response Chonita Nigus to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @JennaBee in this post can reply

Christian! Believer of Jesus Christ! Wife, Mom, rancher, love our vets, our military, and conservative police officers! NO FLIRTING DM’s!

In response Jenna Bee to her Publication

🙏🙏🙏

In response Jenna Bee to her Publication

Thank you for sharing your story. I am thankful you were able to get out of that situation. Wow, I never even thought of people "staying out of it or not wanting to be involved". I can't comprehend it all. It's time for those that can help to step up. Being silent is unacceptable. That includes when the victims are silent and you can see the truth. There is a failure going on with humanity when we turn a blind eye to people in need of help. You have an amazing story. I thank you again for sharing it. Even that takes courage.