many may have missed 2021 interviews from Juan in which he mentioned that things have to get so bad, that they’re permanently seared into the memory of those that lived through it. the example he gave was the Great Depression, and how people who survived the depression always sought to save, repurpose, reuse, buy inexpensively, etc. this was long before anyone uttered the word inflation.

i’ve recently noticed my mother going out of her way to change how she shops, uses items (reusing freezer bags, tin foil, cling wrap), prepares food (bulk rice rather than the fancy boil in bag), saves paper “this would make a good firestarter” and generally approaches money and available resources.

the only way this all works is if the scars are so deep that the next generation learns, and their children learn, and so on. it can’t be transitory. it can’t be shrugged off. it has to be life changing. a bend in the universe.

#GodWins,1221,WWG1WGA,♾️💫♾️

In response 17Commentary 17C to his Publication

exactly how i was raised. in mid 40's and raised by grandparents. learned many things from them.

it's interesting, it's exactly how I was raised as well (by the same woman!) lifestyle creep, i guess, got my parents as they materially succeeded and wanted to be able to enjoy life. When I was a kid, we grew a garden, we used to eat every meal at home, you ate everything on your plate, or you went to bed right after dinner (and your leftovers were breakfast the next morning), and we did everything on the cheap (i prefer it that way). more recently, they'll eat out a ton (not casting stones) and are more wasteful... but she's resorting back to her old ways (what I see as better and more fulfilling)

In response American Girl to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @17Commentary in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from 17Commentary 17C, click on at the bottom under it