Soo.. I need the help of my Anon friends. My mom has the most beautiful voice I have ever hear, but we still do not speak. My choice right now, but she came from a very musically inclined family on her fathers side. So get this we all have heard Pearl Jam's song , Last Kiss.
I was told at a young age , my Great Grandfather wrote the song, and sold it to someone, who sold it to someone, who sold it to someone.
From what I have been told it is a true story. Last name Pedigo, not my last name, my mom's maiden name and it is a true story.
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss (Official Audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjTo-hRD5c

Pearl Jam-Last Kiss - YouTube

Video from High School Project

Only people mentioned by @ShatterTheSilenceWarrior in this post can reply

Thanks for the memories, I still remember the first time I heard this song... a cute guy played guitar and sang it at the talent show when I was in 7th grade. Don't think it was even playing on the radio stations at that time.

Was his first name Gus? Found this...

Vicki wonders, “In your research on Faron Young, did you happen across the name Gus Pedigo, who played guitar with Faron in approximately 1965-1967, when Odell Martin was off? Even better, would you have any pictures from that time? Gus was a fill in and not a steady Deputy. He did the fair circuit, and did the Grand Ole Opry with Faron once. He was a session player at Owen Bradley Studio at the time and Faron picked him up from that. So many years ago, Gus was only about 22 and is now 70. I live with Gus in Florida and he didn’t keep many pictures or anything. He did the original ‘Last Kiss’ with J. Frank Wilson and Cavaliers, and was at Woodstock and played one song on stage with Country Joe and Fish.”

Here... https://dianediekman.com/dianes-country-music-newsletter-23-september-2015/

In response Pink Totter to her Publication

Your awesome, thank you !

In response Pink Totter to her Publication

You seriously just gave me the chillz in a good way, that is my Great grandpa, I never knew him, but my Mama told me about him.

(3) Show this thread

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord" Is1:18;

I remember the song well. Really pushed those puppy love buttons.
Original version was WAY better.

I cannot remember the story , but my Great Grandpa sold it for something ridiculous at the time

good song id like to hear it redone by a great singer

(1) Show this thread