#FamilyIsEverything. APL = 8.34/10 *Authorized conspiracy theorist *Not an authorized preacher.

Those Amish people have to be having a good time. Free from all the MSM crap. Don't need gas. Grow their own wheat/food. Family Partying all the time. Animals all around. Anyone know a good Amish Recruiter? Is that a thing? Do I get a Rumspringa?

Born a rebel, mom of 9, former ER/NICU/PICU/Peds nurse, now M.Ed. Spec Ed, anti-vax, off grid lover, Christ follower, won't tolerate BS...

In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication

I grew up in a Brethern church - kinda what Amish, Mennonite, Hutterite are all based on. The family aspect was wonderful. But true Amish, old Mennonite and the Hutterites are actually a cult. People don't realize this because the Amish promote a certain look that helps them succeed in this world.

But it's true. A former Amish man has done an excellent series on how the Amish are a cult. It is a beautiful setting and looks pure and simple and a wonderful way of life. But there is a deep undercurrent and rules that can sever you forever from all you've know, all your family. The cult aspect is rarely talked about or seen, the 'shunning' that the world understands is not as simple as the media and videos show. It is a deep deep manipulation to control the behavior and minds of the Amish people.

Two links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaHIEZkeTF4&t=2s

The top elder here is like a silky smooth DS creep with his arrogance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2omDlZlO_s&t=1s

Breaking the Silence I | The Secret Strength of the Amish Church | Joseph J. Graber | Lester Graber - YouTube

A rare inside view of an Amish church service and the inner workings of the Amish culture. A six part series on the Amish and their history.THE AMISH: From t...

Same. Also many don’t know that incest is very prevalent among the Amish. Secrecy and shame keep it hidden.

In response Laurie Wilson to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Sassystoner in this post can reply

Born a rebel, mom of 9, former ER/NICU/PICU/Peds nurse, now M.Ed. Spec Ed, anti-vax, off grid lover, Christ follower, won't tolerate BS...

In response Stephanie Stoner to her Publication

Yes - so much is not seen. Agree with the incest, there are also rapes of very innocent girls who truly had no clue what was happening at the time, and pregnancies that are hidden too. And many of those who leave the Amish have very very good reasons to do so.

It is a dark religion. I view it in the same light as Mormonism and how their people and the women are 'kept' in place. Men as well as women.