Love can build a bridge. Looking for individuals to help with construction. Contact your local We are ready centers to join.

I no longer believe in God because I fear damnation.

At one time that may have been the case but it is not so now.
I believe in God because through my long years I have tried to be a good man and time and time again I have failed. I have seen my deeds done with the best intentions turn into acts of hate and destruction.
I do not have the ability to become the man I truly wish to be, the man who longs for God and walks the righteous path. I am not that man, not now, not ever. It is only through God and with his help that I can ever hope to be anything close. This is the reason I believe in God.
I know that I would not want to be something better if there were not already something better to show me the way.
I seek forgiveness and knowledge because I want to be better with every fiber of my being. But I can not alone.
To know I am loved when I find myself unworthy of it is Godly.
This is why I believe.
May the Lord help us all become righteous.

I know the feeling.
It has been said before ; it is not the world that is broken...it is me, " I am broken ".
I cannot fix or undo what I have done in the past. I can try all I want to be the right person, but I fall short because those expectations are mine and not of God. He has given me the ability and strength to do good things. I should have been lying in a ditch somewhere many years ago, instead I have had many chances to make things right. I do not fear God, that is the opposite of love. Rather I love God and look to see his face. I feel an energy or warmth as if standing in sunshine, when I am truly seeking and praying. God be with you, James.

In response John Qpublic to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Quilibet in this post can reply

Okay you and James are making me cry again! I was looking for the right words when I posted a response to James. You had the right words, "I am broken." I get up everyday and try to glue the pieces back together, only to shatter a little later in the day. I have done many things that should keep me from heaven but I pray. I love God and my mom always told me He is our Heavenly Father, and reminded me of all the times my earthly father grounded me, yelled at me, disapproved of my action, etc. BUT he never stopped loving me. So I have to believe the Supreme Father still loves me too. The fire and brimstone God my Lutheran faith raised me to believe in, really isn't the One I believe in. God bless you for your honesty. You have impacted one stranger more than you can know!

There is nothing more beautiful than the way the oceane refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's sent away 🌌💜♾️

👏👏👏
😊🙏🤍