Love can build a bridge. Looking for individuals to help with construction. Contact your local We are ready centers to join.

You are the captain of a ship

Your ship holds 2000 ppl. You have discovered all but 10 lifeboats have been set adrift and in one day the ship will start to sink. How do you make sure all 10 lifeboats safely launch so the maximum number of 200 ppl survive?
If you tell ppl your sinking ppl will rush the boats and maybe 100 at most live.
If you ask for volunteers to stay back youll get a few but not enough, than youll have chaos.
So what a good captain would do is hold a big dinner and randomly posion 1800 people. Those still alive get the boats and all 200 are saved.

Sometimes there are no easy choices just right ones. I hope you understand that.

Pray you are never the captain.

Ego should have no place, in the heart of man! Numquam Cedere -Never Surrender ***5 Year Active Duty Veteran- Operation Desert Fox.

In response John Qpublic to his Publication

What makes a Military leader great? The fact that they can put aside personal feelings to do the greater good. I was a Fire Marshal on a Fast Combat Oiler (supply and weapons ship). We had an emergency diesel generator spring a leak during a blackout. I was in charge of the fire fighting parties. I had them close hatches and scuttles, thus locking ourselves in. We put down foam and waited as the electricians secured power and BTs shut down the diesel. A few days later, an officer complained to the captain about what I did. The captain chastised the officer, because I was willing to sacrifice 50 people to save 1,000.
In the scenario you postulated, it is better to save the younger, stronger people, because they will be useful by God to rebuild. Hard choices, yet many people would not see the dire need to do the right thing.

Love can build a bridge. Looking for individuals to help with construction. Contact your local We are ready centers to join.

You understand what and why, not many are there yet. They will be. Thank you for doing the right thing and being willing to give yourself for others, God will reward you greatly.

In response John Qpublic to his Publication

i would witjout a heart beat ill do whats best for the greater good and without sacrifices theres no victory against the children of darkness.

Only people mentioned by @Jamesbridgebuilder in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from John Qpublic, click on at the bottom under it