I told my grandkids about only having one phone for the whole family...attached to the wall with a cord you could only go so far with. They were stunned at the thought. One of my granddaughters asked..."Well, what did you do if you wanted to ask one of your friends something and it was Friday after school and couldn't see them again till Monday"? I replied..."You had to remember"! We still had some of the old party line going when in 76 in my home county in some areas. The original County Phone Company STILL has/operates the whole county though...seriously. Never went over to a large corporate provider system to this day.

In response Joyce Chandler to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @realyestervue in this post can reply

JESUS is my KING, America is my home and TRUMP IS STILL MY PRESIDENT! I'm not here for dates!! I'm here to share truth & support TRUMP

In response Yester Vue to his Publication

OH MY CHEETOS!!! I remember when they came out with the longer stretch cord. I would play with the cord and ALWAYS messed it up or it would get twisted but boy was we excited when momma got the long cord. Mamaw had the rotary phone. Took forever when you had to do any number past 3 😂😂😂

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

I forgot to mention that one phone was in my grandparent's house.

Here for Trump and keeping up with the Anons🇺🇸🙏 Proud❤ WIFE❤, Mom and Grandma 🚫NO DM'S🚫

Hmmm, do we know each other? ☺️

If the truth shall kill them, let them die. Always learning & growing so never the same. Merely a humble student & no master.

In response Have Faith to her Publication

Depends on what state you're from! Maybe! At least the same home county possibly...

(1) Show this thread