There is nothing more beautiful than the way the oceane refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's sent away 🌌💜♾️

Wifi Crashing
Blocked/Unknown Phone Calls
Now My TIRES!

In response Serah Oceane ♡ to her Publication

Tire, maybe a plug - can take a pic If you need an opinion. WifI - Can happen - I troubleshoot (and modify routers). For the basics feel free to ask me a few questions - I would bet a few things (may be old, may need an update, most likely there is another nearby router using the same channel). 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, both frequencies?

I have someone coming out tomarrow for the tire, just had to alter dinner plans no big deal just having delivery tonight instead.

Tell me more about the router, I started having this issue only recently this week and last. Connection bottoms out anywhere from 10 min to an hour. I reset and/or unplug everytime.

In response Haze Grey to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @QueenEsther in this post can reply

In response Serah Oceane ♡ to her Publication

It sounds like there are conflicting signals. I guess my first question - do you know how to access the settings on your router? (most are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1). Under the wifi settings you will have seperate tabs for your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless. For 2.4Ghz you can really only run 3 channels (3, 6 and 11) - 5Ghz there are more channels, it is faster, the distances are shorter than 2.4Ghz transmission signal. In those settings some routers can tell you the channels used near by, There is also an applicaiton for phones (Android has Wifi Analyzer)which will tell you the nearby signals. I recomend finding out what signals are near by (if any - ie an apartment or condo the channels will be flodded with noise - in the woods it will be quiet - NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION PLEAE DONT POST SPECIFICS - I am sure you would not, but worth to mention. Anyway - try to choose a channel that is open. Out of space to type, so ... stopping here

FYI: windows 10 (the worst Operating system - period) is also known to self inflict driver updates which breaks - well almost everything. It would also be the wireless card/drivers on the computer you are using. If that is the case you can try to install drivers - and you can also try to set your own dns. I run open DNS. Here is a screen shot - I run Linux based OS so if you run Windows the DNS settings will look a little different. Screenshot is open dns settings (https://use.opendns.com/)

There is nothing more beautiful than the way the oceane refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's sent away 🌌💜♾️

I live out in the woods, no one close enough to interfere with signal, so what would create interference/connections issues then?

(2) Show this thread