US Navy veteran, live in caregiver for my 99 yo Mother, Nana and Great Nana

My 100 year old Mama died on August 28, 2024. Social Security deposited a check for the month of August in our checking account. They froze MY checking account with a "death reclamation" in order to take back the entire check. I asked what about the 28 days of August that my Mama was alive, having expenses to pay? The SSA rep said that if she dies on even the last day of the month, that check will be reclaimed. That "freeze" on my checking account created false overdrawn charges. My daughter had to wire transfer me to pay my house payment. I am not whining about this situation, I am furious. That money does not belong to SSA - but to the recipients who paid into SSA all their working lives. The SSA policy should be to prorate the check.

I am blessed beyond anything because I was there with my Mama to her very last breath on this earth. She was literally lifted up by angels from her bed into the loving arms of our Lord. Nothing of this world can ever take that from me.

WOW
100! Congratulations.
What a beautiful mama you have
Blessed is right😍
I miss my mama😍

In response Brandy Molina to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @arba in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from arba happihr, click on at the bottom under it