🇺🇸❤️🐾 More than 300 dogs took part in search, rescue & recovery
@ the WTC in the hours & months afterwards.

Working alongside their handlers, the pups climbed
huge piles of debris while fires still smoldered.

The search for signs of life or human remains
was mentally & physically taxing on the dogs
& they’d get discouraged.

Vets were on site to care for them.
Working 12-hour shifts on the pile, the dogs needed
their paws, eyes & noses cleaned often.

Riley worked hard to find living people
but he also found bodies of Firefighters.
Police Officers & Firefighters would give Riley hugs
& that helped them carry on.

Another therapy dog, Nikie, provided comfort.

Bretagne, the last known 9-11 dog, passed in June 2016.
She was a 2-year-old @ the WTC.
Rescuers sat with her & her handler Denise,
& told their stories & shed their tears.

Trakr found the last survivor among the rubble
on the morning of Sept. 12, 2001 🕊️

#EarthAngels
#InRemembrance

US Navy veteran, live in caregiver for my 99 yo Mother, Nana and Great Nana

In response Kat istheSea3 to her Publication

Sadly, Memaw passed away on August 28th She was 100 years and 17 days old when she passed peacefully in her sleep. For the past 30 years, I have lived with her - been her daughter - her friend and caregiver. Thank you God for allowing me to do that. My daughter and her family gifted me a German Shepherd puppy and I named her Maggie Mae (my Mother's nickname). I am training her to be a Therapy Dog. We will go into childrens' hospitals and nursing homes to bring a smile on someone's face. This sweet puppy is a daily inspiration to me. Maggie Mae's devotion and love are the best gifts I could hope for. My life is moving into a whole new space - without the Mother I love so dearly. But God never traps me behind a closed door - He always opens a new door that brings happiness and peace. I pray that all the working dogs in the world will be known for their devotion and great courage.

Protect 1st & 2nd Amendment, Protect Children, Save America, Let Freedom Ring, United We Stand, We The People

In response Brandy Molina to her Publication

German shepherds are smart and they learn words. They try to understand what you say.

I have one and she is afraid of lightning asnd thunder, but she is so good with my family. Not agressive.

Maggie Mae is already in training at 10 weeks old. The trainer and I are amazed at her work ethic. She is already an inspiration to me and those who meet her. I couldn't be more delighted by her behavior.

In response CM_ Patriot to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @bmolina0003 in this post can reply

Protect 1st & 2nd Amendment, Protect Children, Save America, Let Freedom Ring, United We Stand, We The People

In response Brandy Molina to her Publication

💖💖💖💖💖