#FamilyIsEverything. APL = 8.17/10 *Authorized conspiracy theorist *Not an authorized preacher.

Good Morning Patriots.
Dreams are back in full force.
Spells Broken.

Just a guy trying to connect the dots.

In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication

Good morning VK.
I was just thinking, 'something feels different today.'

WWG1WGA #SaveOurChildren

In response Cowboy w2b to his Publication

I'm just going to put this out there, and to be clear this has never happened in Texas in the 20 years I have taught in public schools. TEA gave a directive to all districts to have teachers prepare two days worth of paper packets (not on line lessons) by tomorrow for students in case of "bad weather" for Monday and Tuesday next week. In 20 years they never call for school closure until the morning of , for bad weather. Never , in my experience, has TEA ever given that directive for entire state especially days before. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Just very interesting. 🤔

Wife. Mom of 5. Believer. Love freedom. Homeschooling mom. #MAGA #KAG #fightback

In response Cax SCx to her Publication

Interesting! I would’ve thought they would just do virtual school. All of the districts around me were given a snow day today due to the ice.

WWG1WGA #SaveOurChildren

In response Jessica Turner to her Publication

It is very unusally for two reasons. First, TEA does not mandate bad weather days, they rubber stamp approval when districts need to use make up days. They certainly don't mandate STATE wide bad weather days, especially days before "expected" weather. Districts have always been in control of that decision and I have never experienced my district making that decision until the morning of. If you live in Texas then you know the weather can change on a dime. Secondly, the paper packets and not on line learning is very strange. We shall see how this plays out.

What part of Texas are you in? Not city, but north, south, east, or west? I am in the northeast & I texted a friend that teaches elementary school & asked if she had heard about this. She hadn’t, but 30 minutes later sent me a screenshot of an email from her ISD to send all students home with chromebooks tomorrow, because Monday will be 100% virtual. We’ve only been in TX since 2011, but I have never seen them call off school sooner than early the morning of ice or snow.

Only people mentioned by @TexasJes in this post can reply

WWG1WGA #SaveOurChildren

In response Jessica Turner to her Publication

South central, large district. Very interesting about your friend's district. This is out of the ordinary for sure.

Wife. Mom of 5. Believer. Love freedom. Homeschooling mom. #MAGA #KAG #fightback

Her district is fairly large, but definitely not the largest. I need to check & see what my school district is doing. We homeschool, so I haven’t checked.

(1) Show this thread