My Polish/Slovakian side is makin some of grandmas recipes. Her actual recipes. As an AF brat you miss out on alot. She made me some of her recipes when I went to visit as a child. : )

Pure Slovak here. Good old halupki. A Polish friend said they make it with mushroom soup in the sauce and that's how I make it now. Always make it on Christmas Eve. My mother made mushroom soup with sauerkraut and bilbolki (I don't know how to spell it) it's a round bread. https://soupnbread.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/slovak-mushroom-sauerkraut-soup/

In response Stephanie Foster to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Telese in this post can reply

In response Telesia Birdwell to her Publication

I also LOOOOOOOVE sauerkraut. : )

In response Stephanie Foster to her Publication

Me too! I had a professor who healed himself from things that happened in the military. His digestion was all messed up. He started eating foods that his ancestors ate and healed his gut.

(1) Show this thread

What are the meal times in Poland?
Polish Meals

śniadanie – breakfast. This is a hearty meal from about 5.30amto 7am to set you up for the day. ...
drugie śniadanie – second breakfast. This will be eaten at about 11am. ...
obiad – dinner – the main meal of the day. This is eaten between 1pm and 5pm with around 3pm being a very popular time. ...
kolacja – supper.

Cursory research, on memories.

Funny thing, many times have found myself making stews that ended up ready around mid afternoon. I was like WHY do I do that, well obscure memory, but read many times around there in that regard some are ready that time of day. Would have to revisit that info search wise.

Have to tell my cousin about this recipe, and his wife.

Yum!!!!! TY for sharing.