Graphic Artist & Illustrator - Authorized Minister - US Navy Wife - Former Instructor - US NAVY TAP - CEO - Proud Patriot - #Arkansas

This is never easy... but this Thursday we have to say goodbye to a beautiful camping buddy and my last pet who has kept us protected, loved and in fits of laughter through the years while hiking, camping and traveling... keeping the camp site squirrels and 'coons at bay. (He drew the line at gators. They were our problem, not his!) 🤣

He's 13 years old and very tired. He has an inoperable condition and fights to keep up. He lives to go camping. Even here at home I have to stop when he wants to walk on his leash even when he has safe, fenced acres to roam on.

He's the last of a batch of rescues that needed our love and attention over the last 25 years.

I'm sure another will come along to camp with us and be the perfect playmate for campground kids as he was for others.

This is Jake. ❤ He's a Basque Shepherd.

Show me your fur buddies in the comments below. Our pets are a special part of our lives and they live for adventures with us. This is very hard on us here.

My middle child, 6' fence jumper, groundhog & skunk killer. Casper. 5 1/2 yo

In response Mama Tee to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Hollier in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Hollie Ryb, click on at the bottom under it