PROUD to be an AMERICAN 🇺🇸 Navy Nurse Veteran🦅⚓️💫✨🇺🇸

Just spoke with my husband who is a pilot & he said he was supposed to have 3 flights today which has now been decreased to 2. He has no clue what is going on, only what he is "told"
He's been on the phone all morning with crew scheduling with all the changes happening. "Wheels are falling off the bus" is what he says. He is very suspicious as to what is going on. He was supposed to come home tonight but may not make it back until tomorrow, but that has become the norm lately.

Not a scientist, nor do I claim to be one...T-shirts, blue jeans, baseball hats and beer...Stealer of fine memes...Frequent F-bombs 😬🤣

In response Mare Qay - WWG1WGA! to her Publication

All domestic flights were grounded at one point earlier today for the first time since 9/11.

I told him that & he agreed, something not right. I just hope he makes it back home for his few days off that he has until he is supposed to go back next Monday, ugggggggg. He will call back when he can tell me more. He was busy calling his own crew with updates. Pilots & flight attendants can only work a certain number of hours, so if one or more on a crew is past their hours, then the airline has to find another crew. It can go downhill very fast. And he never flies with the same FA crew, very rare.

In response Mike Anon to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Patriot63 in this post can reply

Only followers of this user (@Maudiemaye) can see their posts

Family, GSDs, USA, our Warriors. 19th President Trump. Patriot. D5 & 5D

I was expecting quiet skies but military flights seemed increased. They were up all day (NE FL)....and now doing evening training.
It looks like normal training - P3s, Eurocopters,. It even looked like new pilots because they had to make wide circles. There were more private planes than usual too.
I hope it gets straightened out and he gets home soon - safe & sound.

In response gcb 910 to her Publication

Hopefully home tomorrow but the domino effect has taken hold. He can fly jump seat if needed if one is available.

(1) Show this thread

🙏

Only followers of this user (@Joey) can see their posts

In response Joey DarktoLight to his Publication

My husband is NOT jabbed. His airline did not push it hard like the others, but he was ready to quit. We made contingency plans in case they forced it but his airline had a very strong group early on that was against it. I was the one who told him NOT to get it & he listened to me. But when other pilots/employees started raising their voices company pushed back.He does know many who are jabbed & I know some of his friends who got it. One guy in 2021 told us he got it, very non-casually. Sid his 13 yo daughter got it cuz "she wanted it" Intelligent folks, but his airline didn't force it like the others.He'll get home, but use to him gone a lot.

(1) Show this thread

Not a scientist, nor do I claim to be one...T-shirts, blue jeans, baseball hats and beer...Stealer of fine memes...Frequent F-bombs 😬🤣

Best of luck to him, Mare. Hopefully this gets resolved for him soon.

In response Mike Anon to his Publication

It will, he is used to this. I think he has the patience of Job at times with what he has to deal with when flying, especially the customers. He tries to have a good attitude though cuz most of the time things are out of his control so he doesn't sweat the small stuff.

(1) Show this thread