I need some female advice/help. And or anyone in the medical field.
I will be 50 in Jan. Perimenopausal since 2016. I have a hemoglobin of 7.8. Iron is 12. It was 8.4 3 weeks ago. I have severe bleeding- sometimes lasting 30-40 days.
I met with a gynecological surgeon yesterday. I do not want a hysterectomy nor am I a candidate
I had open heart surgery in 2016 for an aortic aneurysm and currently have an aortic root aneurysm that measures 4.65. The surgeon told me yesterday that if I were to need a second emergency open heart surgery that with my anemia this bad that I would not be able to handle surgery and would die. Her biggest concern is getting my iron up. And bleeding to stop.
They want me to do iron infusions and get an IUD
I have horrible reactions to most "drugs" and take nothing. Not an ibuprofen. Not even natural etc. I'm afraid to try beef liver pills.
I dont do chemicals, no deodorant, only natural shampoos cleaners etc
I am terrified to get an IUD
I need help

I have been going through menopause, I to wad bleeding some 6/7 years ago pretty bad, I wad constantly anaemic, my female GP suggested a progestarone Merino coil be fitted to help with the terrible bleeding I was having, it was causing me to feel disgustingly dirty, had to sleep on towels, & had to wear dark clothing, towelling & bedding, it helped enormously, it stopped my periods, I also started using something called a Ladycare menopause magnet to help with other side effects, no mess but you do have to wear on your underwear all the time, except for showering or bathing, its reuseable, cleanable & available at your local pharmacy

In response Aortic Warrior to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Artist_ in this post can reply

In response English Viking to her Publication

I to wad terrified of the IUD but I explained to the staff I was terrified & scared too, & they where really nice & explained everything they can give pain relief as well, as my womb is tilted so lays at a funny angle, I didn't want them piercing my womb!!! they where very good & reassuring for me