You don't have to understand
All you have to do is believe

Wanted to be a teacher and perhaps I'm not cut out for the "traditional" teaching role that currently exists.

I'm more of a scholar, mentor, and teacher similar to (more classical) teachers such as Plato and Aristotle, and other philospher-teachers; you can throw Jefferson, Madison in that mix too ....I know I'm leaving others out

In response Aortic Warrior to her Publication

Only people mentioned by @Lion_Hart in this post can reply

In response Lion Hart to his Publication

I have a degree in education. I tried it a few times. 2 uber rich private schools and once in a Montessori. Those were 10+ years ago and all horrible experiences.
I currently cant step foot in a public institution.
I completely understand and relate with what youre saying. I wish I had some suggestions for you. I get excited when I see others that want to make a difference and actually teach. Other than homeschooling or starting a homegrown schooling system I'm not sure what to do. I am not in a position to start up anything. I would love to if I had the means. Maybe its up to people like us to join together?

Memes, Sigma Empath, stoic, whisky, beer God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent; so what does God lack ... limitation -J. Peterson

In response Aortic Warrior to her Publication

It may be us to us since the current system stinks.
In my experience in the education field so far, it's who you know rather than what you know.

I heard from my previous Spec Ed supervisor at the college that if you don't make a good impression after the first 5 minuets in an interview your not getting the job.

And some of the times, they already have someone in mind, but your there to fill a quota - learned that from working w/ the government for a short time

(1) Show this thread