Throughout this long war I have had to tread a fine line. I am out here in my own name, and burned my boat to my professional past long ago. There is no shield of anonymity, so I am completely exposed socially and reputationally. If I martyr myself I achieve nothing, so I have to figure out how to be me and sustain myself, while also focusing on the mission.

I accept enough donations to get me by, but have avoided profiting from the movement. I haven't been the best steward of resources, but it's still a pass grade. It frustrates me when some criticise those who produce value and make a basic living off it, especially when their names are hidden and funding opaque.

When you do a good job you get lauded, which can go to your head easily. When you feel low it's easy to big yourself up, but it is empty flattery of oneself. The emotional swings are extreme and public. Nobody has ever done this before, this is a novel kind of war, with roles that have never been seen previously.

Only people mentioned by @martingeddes in this post can reply

Truth seeker...can’t sleep anymore...420 vibes guy...music lover...poet...Rmt Vr...golfing... books...fafo...MotorCity...🍿🍿🍿❤️🇺🇸

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

its not the money people make ... people have to make a living...
its the gatekeeping of info by groups ... groups divide i.e. who is in and who is out... it just doesnt work in a movement that no one is above another?!
that is what one believes is the issue and to with hold info or not share info from certain accts for whatever reason all to build a profit ... is the issue...??
Martin you dont hold back you lay it out there and help guide the community along like a lighthouse for all to see...some dont ?!
that seems to be the issue that needs remedied...?!
someone has to say it ... so i will... as i sure others have before me.

In response Donny TheProphet to his Publication

I generally refuse to take on affiliations, and nearly everything goes out free with a paid option just for donations. (Substack don't grasp this indirect model, and are optimising for a paywall, which is against the abundance low-control zeitgeist, but is good enough.) I do one monthly paid newsletter for a business audience, as the timeliness of it forces me to put out what is on my mind and customise it for their interests.

"Truth does not have a brand".

(1) Show this thread

Truth seeker, Christian prayer warrior. WWG1WGA 🙏❤️

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

❤️🙏