I am learning to reject unbalanced energy exchanges. For instance, someone just used my web form to write me a request for a political update and my opinion on various matters.

There is nothing wrong with that, but I am at the point where I can barely manage to open and read my email; information warfare is a kind of aversion therapy for the mind. After reading and responding to a few I am wiped out. In this case I give a polite but perfunctory response.

Our tools cannot convey the state of our mind, body, and spirit, and have no means to keep us in balance. We have to do it for ourselves. Making comments paid on my Substack helped to restore some sanity, but then you get narcissists who want to add their useless opinion to everything and spoil your work. Can't win!

The big lesson is that there is no obligation to read or respond to messages when you have no contract or energy exchange with the sender, beyond that of basic social responsibility (e.g. a child safety issue).

Only people mentioned by @martingeddes in this post can reply

In response Martin Geddes to his Publication

Lot of squeaky wheels out there, but only so much grease! 😀👍

Patriot, Wife, Mother, Marine Mom, JAG M-I-L, Love our Military and DJT! #Godwins #wwg1wga

i bet most of us here were raised to acknowledge others. developing boundaries has been a huge requirement in this process.

I got a man. Not here to date. No DM’s. Sad that I even need to write this.

I learned to limit this in two ways

Just because I’m visible, does not mean I’m available.

People are free to ask questions. I am not obligated to answer.

These two boundaries, really upset people who believe that I have some sort of social contract with them.

I’m done investing in people who flit around and take from everyone else.

I also don’t carry other peoples trash in my pockets. It’s a stinky mess that they don’t want to deal with, so they dump it on others.

Life is so much happier.

Everyone (awake) i know is just so bloody exhausted with all this crap, it's relentless:/

Perfectly stated. I agree 100%. I find my exchanges very limited these days...