Just another 80's kid by the side of the road

The smartest people I know don't think they're smart.

One of the smartest people I've known was my grandfather, I was super close to him, we had a very special connection. He died right before my teen years and it was probably the single most devastating event in my life to this day. His mother had died when he was a boy and his father didn't want him and sent him away to live with relatives on a farm in Iowa. He only had an 8th grade education because he had to spend his days doing manual labor to be able to stay on the farm. His life was very difficult, but he read everything and had street smarts and common sense for days. After dinner every night he'd read the dictionary and teach himself new things for fun. He enlisted in the Army and was a medic in WWII. When he got out he became a painter. He was humble, somewhat quiet, had a big heart and was so wise. He's been gone decades, but I still miss him so much! ❤️

In response IKnow QUR to his Publication

Only people mentioned by @Jennja in this post can reply

Pray, Love, Peace...all that matters these days.🙏❤️✌️ The Lord is my best friend 👣

In response Liberty Jennja to her Publication

What a beautiful story!❤️

God has already won. ✨🙏🏼✨ Eternal optimist, truth seeker, deep thinker, Gen X, Ninja, Leo, INTJ and always barefoot. Stay shiny frens! 😊

In response ang guar to his Publication

Thank you 😊🙏🏼

(1) Show this thread

MAGA - Harm NONE - Treat others the way you want to be treated - SAVE THE CHILDREN - We are ALL ONE - WWG1WGA/NCSWIC/TBIYTC

He is with you ALWAYS!! Much 💕 love to you Patriot!! He sounds like a wonderful man!!! 🙏 ❤️

President: Donald J. Trump. The Corp. Never Ever give up. WWG1WG1 And above all Trust God. Pray often.

Thats how my G Grandfather was. he passed at 99yo. back in 84.
He kept me busy and intertained till I was 26. Minus 5yrs military. First place I went was to see him after being gone for 4 yrs.
I was devestated and lost after he passed.
To this day I can get lost in his war and work storys. In those day Ships were wood and men were steel. So glad for his influence in every area of my life.
They are certainly missed.
And we were blessed.

God has already won. ✨🙏🏼✨ Eternal optimist, truth seeker, deep thinker, Gen X, Ninja, Leo, INTJ and always barefoot. Stay shiny frens! 😊

In response Wlim Elgof to his Publication

You were so blessed to have him in your life! A beautiful story. 🙏🏼😊

(1) Show this thread

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!! They thought they buried us, but they didn’t realize that we were seeds!!

you just described (almost) my grandpas life!!!

In response Brizby Finley to her Publication

Oh wow, that's wild!

(1) Show this thread