"You ask me if I belive in occultism. Posed that way, the question isn't very clear: nevertheless, I understand your intention and will respond to it. I believe in the existence of worlds superior to our own and in the inhabitants of those worlds, in existences of diverse grades of spirituality, becoming more and more subtle until we reach a Supreme Being, who, presumably, created this world. It may be that there are other Beings, equally Supreme, who have created other universes, and those universes coexist with our own, interpenetratingly or not."

Pessoa letter to Monteiro. 1935.

Only people mentioned by @dolphinfish in this post can reply

I am a librarian/archivist. I am also a retired foreign service officer. I was raised in Greensboro, NC. I once rode submarines, 1981-1985.

In response owl patrol to his Publication

"For those reasons, and even others, the External Order of occultism, that is Masonic beliefs, avoids (except Anglo-Saxon Masonism) the expression "God," given its theological and popular implications, and prefers to say "Great Architect of the Universe," a term that leaves blank the problem of whether or not He is the Creator of merely Governor of the world. Given these levels of beings, I don't believe in direct communication with God, but, depending on our spiritual refinement, we will be able to communicate with beings who are higher and higher."

Pessoa letter to Monteiro. 1935