Two things are bothering me...

In response The Mac to his Publication

I wish I could understand the things you post. Please do tell what is bothering you. Hugs

In response Teri DeMauro to her Publication

Dozens of genes have been linked to both autism and cancer.

When one free radical "steals" an electron from a molecule, that molecule becomes a free radical because it's missing an electron—and so on. Free radicals can damage the body's DNA, which contains genes, as well as proteins, lipids, cell membranes, and more, causing disease.

🤗

Only people mentioned by @TheMac in this post can reply

Free radicals, however, are paramagnetic (attracted by a magnet) because of the spin of the odd electron, the spins of the remaining paired electrons effectively canceling each other.

Paramagnetism is due to the presence of unpaired electrons in the material, so most atoms with incompletely filled atomic orbitals are paramagnetic, although exceptions such as copper exist. Due to their spin, unpaired electrons have a magnetic dipole moment and act like tiny magnets. An external magnetic field causes the electrons' spins to align parallel to the field, causing a net attraction. Paramagnetic materials include aluminium, oxygen, titanium, and iron oxide (FeO). Therefore, a simple rule of thumb is used in chemistry to determine whether a particle (atom, ion, or molecule) is paramagnetic or diamagnetic:[3] if all electrons in the particle are paired, then the substance made of this particle is diamagnetic; if it has unpaired electrons, then the substance is paramagnetic.

(1) Show this thread